Splicing Hairs?

Six months. I've neglected my websites, that's for sure. For anyone who cares, I just wrote a splice in that last sentence. It's not commonly correct in English grammar, but I've learned that there are justifiable instances to use one. So I did, without really thinking about it. Google "comma splice" if you want to know more. You can come back and tell me whether you think my example qualifies as a justifiable instance.

Splicing and splitting. People figuratively speak of splitting hairs; do we ever speak of splicing them? What would that mean? Well, we all know that to split hairs means to break something down to the finest details, beyond the useful details to the useless. Since splicing deals with joining or uniting, particularly the fibers of a rope, splicing hairs makes a lot of sense. I don't know how meaningful it could be figuratively.

I would like readers to join forces with me, though, to splice your minds and your resources with mine in the quest for better health. Better health individually, in society. Health is a huge part of who we are; it can explain a lot, but it doesn't have to determine us. Dealing with that dynamic is where I've been the past six months, and honestly, I'm still there. It's a tough dynamic. Six months is a long time, but I'm healthier now. That much I do know, even if it doesn't feel like it at times.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer 2016

Back to School in Arizona